Fire at Yuengling Brewery: $1M damage estimated
TAMPA, Fla. - October 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a fire in a storage building at a Yuengling Brewery complex in Tampa has caused an estimated $1 million in damage and took about an hour to control.
The Tampa Tribune reports workers were evacuated safely when the fire erupted Saturday evening.
Tampa Fire Rescue Capt. Lonnie Benniefield released the damage estimate early Sunday. A Tampa Fire Rescue statement says the fire has been ruled accidental by investigators, and they are still seeking the exact cause.
Authorities say dozens of firefighters backed by aerial ladder trucks put out the blaze and one firefighter suffered a minor injury and was treated at a hospital and released.
Yuengling is the oldest brewery in the U.S. It was founded in 1829. The company is based in Pottsville, Pa.
florida, fire, beer, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 43 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
59 min ago