Fire at Yuengling Brewery: $1M damage estimated
TAMPA, Fla. - October 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a fire in a storage building at a Yuengling Brewery complex in Tampa has caused an estimated $1 million in damage and took about an hour to control.
The Tampa Tribune reports workers were evacuated safely when the fire erupted Saturday evening.
Tampa Fire Rescue Capt. Lonnie Benniefield released the damage estimate early Sunday. A Tampa Fire Rescue statement says the fire has been ruled accidental by investigators, and they are still seeking the exact cause.
Authorities say dozens of firefighters backed by aerial ladder trucks put out the blaze and one firefighter suffered a minor injury and was treated at a hospital and released.
Yuengling is the oldest brewery in the U.S. It was founded in 1829. The company is based in Pottsville, Pa.
florida, fire, beer, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 13 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
51 min ago