Strawberry Mansion party ends in deadly gunfire
STRAWBERRY MANSION - October 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are searching for the gunmen who burst into a house party late Saturday night and opened fire, killing a man in front of party goers.
It was around 11:50 p.m. when police were called to a reported shooting at a residence in the 1700 block of North 27th Street.
Arriving officers were met with a large group of people both outside and inside of a home and soon discovered the 32-year-old victim inside of the residence suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The victim was removed from the home and transported him to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
Police were forced to call in a double assist, bringing in additional officers from neighboring police districts after party goers got out of hand and refused to cooperate with police. There were no arrests in the assist, but police brought dozens of party goers down to homicide to interview.
During the investigation police discovered shell casings down the street had pierced a corner Chinese takeout restaurant, leading police to believe there was an exchange of gunfire outside of the home as well.
Police have not yet released the victim's name.
strawberry mansion news, philadelphia news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 42 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 43 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 46 min ago
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 2 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
45 min ago