Husband charged in death of Pa. wife found in fire
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - October 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they've charged a man with killing his wife after he bragged to bar patrons that he killed the woman hours after her dead body was found following a fire at their central Pennsylvania home.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Michael Wright, of Williamsport.
WNEP-TV reports Wright was taken from the police station late Saturday to be arraigned on a charge of criminal homicide.
The fire was reported about 10:30 p.m. Friday and the body of Lynn Wright was found Saturday morning.
The Lycoming County coroner's office plans an autopsy on her body Monday, but police say they're convinced Wright killed her - because he allegedly said so.
Police say they found Wright at Ann's Tavern where he reportedly told one witness he killed his wife - and wasn't joking.
Information from: WNEP-TV, http://www.wnep.com
pennsylvania news, fire, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
56 min ago