Man shot in robbery attempt in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - October 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was shot and wounded while fleeing a robbery attempt in Wilmington.
It happened around 5:15 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of 7th and Washington streets.
Officers responded to the scene to find a 35-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the leg.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the victim was attempting to buy drugs when three suspects approached him and tried to rob him.
One of the suspects pulled out a gun and fired at the victim who was trying to flee.
All three suspects, described as black males between the ages of 16 and 19, fled the scene. They were last seen wearing grey hooded sweatshirts.
As for the victim, he was taken to Christiana Hospital in stable condition.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Wilmington Police.
delaware news, wilmington news, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 33 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos