Man shot in robbery attempt in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - October 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was shot and wounded while fleeing a robbery attempt in Wilmington.
It happened around 5:15 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of 7th and Washington streets.
Officers responded to the scene to find a 35-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the leg.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the victim was attempting to buy drugs when three suspects approached him and tried to rob him.
One of the suspects pulled out a gun and fired at the victim who was trying to flee.
All three suspects, described as black males between the ages of 16 and 19, fled the scene. They were last seen wearing grey hooded sweatshirts.
As for the victim, he was taken to Christiana Hospital in stable condition.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Wilmington Police.
delaware news, wilmington news, shooting, robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth! 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 45 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
54 min ago