Man shot in robbery attempt in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - October 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was shot and wounded while fleeing a robbery attempt in Wilmington.
It happened around 5:15 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of 7th and Washington streets.
Officers responded to the scene to find a 35-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the leg.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the victim was attempting to buy drugs when three suspects approached him and tried to rob him.
One of the suspects pulled out a gun and fired at the victim who was trying to flee.
All three suspects, described as black males between the ages of 16 and 19, fled the scene. They were last seen wearing grey hooded sweatshirts.
As for the victim, he was taken to Christiana Hospital in stable condition.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Wilmington Police.
delaware news, wilmington news, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 50 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 44 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 20 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser