NJ's 2nd medical marijuana dispensary opens
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. - October 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey's second medical marijuana dispensary is opening in the southern part of the state.
With Monday's launch, Compassionate Care Foundation in Egg Harbor Township joins a clinic in Montclair that opened its doors last December.
Compassionate Care CEO Bill Thomas tells The Press of Atlantic City 600 patients have registered with the clinic and over 200 appointments are booked so far.
More than 1,300 patients and more than 240 doctors have enrolled in the program since New Jersey legalized medical marijuana in 2010.
But the program has been slow in growing and the Montclair facility has had problems with an insufficient supply.
new jersey news, marijuana, medical marijuana, atlantic county news, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
49 min ago