Husband, wife die in Woodland Park fire
WOODLAND PARK, N.J. (AP) - October 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 76-year-old man and his 74-year-old wife have died in a house fire in Woodland Park.
The fire was reported just after midnight Monday.
The woman was found near the front door and her husband was found upstairs. They were pronounced dead at a hospital. Their names have not been released.
Investigators tell The Record newspaper the fire began when an exposed wire rubbing against a heating vent in the basement caused an electrical arc.
The fire spread from the basement to the kitchen and dining room on the first floor.
fire, new jersey news, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Delco 2nd grade teacher charged with assault 12 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 37 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 48 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 45 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 44 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 35 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
37 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
48 min ago