Woman accused of putting baby in toilet faces trial
LOWER SAUCON TWP., Pa. - October 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania woman has been ordered to stand trial on charges accusing her of giving birth in a sports bar bathroom, wrapping the newborn in a plastic bag and hiding him in a toilet tank.
Twenty-six-year-old Amanda Hein, of Allentown, was ordered to stand trial on a criminal homicide count after a preliminary hearing Monday.
A cleaning crew found the baby's body in the toilet on Aug. 19 at Starters Pub in Bethlehem, about 30 miles north of Philadelphia. A coroner concluded the boy was born alive.
Police say they traced blood found in a bar booth to Hein. Investigators say she couldn't give them a reason she allegedly killed the baby except that she was "scared."
A message left for Hein's public defender, Michael Corriere, wasn't immediately returned.
northampton county news, pennsylvania news, body found, baby death, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases