Dad sentenced after children found in dirty home
PHILADELPHIA - October 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A father was sentenced on Monday after his three young girls were found in a squalid home back in August.
Soyika Eldemire, 25, was sentenced to 12 months of probation.
Eldemire and the mother of the children, Lakeeshanaye Overton, pleaded guilty to child endangerment charges back in September.
Authorities removed the couple's three young girls, ages 1, 3 and 4, from their home in the Logan section of Philadelphia.
Investigators say they saw feces, unknown fluids, and trash covering all of the floors, furniture, and a playpen.
Sentencing for Overton was continued to mid-December.
philadelphia news, logan news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
58 min ago