Police chase ends with arrest at Philadelphia International Airport
PHILADELPHIA - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police chase that began in Delaware ended with an arrest at Philadelphia International Airport.
Delaware State Police say the incident began at 7:25 a.m. Tuesday when 25-year-old Jason Westley Tatom of Wilmington entered Holy Rosary Church in Bellefonte and began acting in a disruptive way during Mass.
Police were called and as troopers arrived at the church, the man fled in a vehicle.
A low-speed chase ensued, during which police say Tatom's vehicle struck a police patrol car.
Troopers chased the man to the Delaware state line, where they broke off the pursuit.
Delaware State Police informed Pennsylvania State Police of the pursuit, and a short time later, a Pennsylvania State trooper spotted the vehicle and picked up the chase to the airport.
The vehicle entered the roadway leading to the departing flights drop off area of the airport and came to a stop in front of terminal D. The suspect got out of the car and attempted to flee on foot, but was apprehended by Philadelphia Police officers.
Tatom is charged in Pennsylvania with Fleeing and Eluding, Aggravated Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person, Resisting Arrest and various traffic violations. He remains jailed on $250,000 bail.
philadelphia news, delaware news, police chase, philadelphia international airport, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated 39 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
28 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
52 min ago