NJ mom gets probation for slapping boys on bus
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey mother has been sentenced to two years of probation for slapping two boys who she says were bullying her daughter.
Rebecca Sardoni pleaded guilty in September to assault and other counts.
The Ocean County prosecutor's office says the 29-year-old got on a Toms River school bus in October 2012 screaming profanities and then assaulted two students. She says they were bullying her 9-year-old daughter.
Officials say the boys were not seriously injured.
Sardoni told The Associated Press soon after the encounter that she regretted boarding the bus, but she denied touching or hitting anyone. She said she was distraught, but "wasn't crazy woman upset."
A school spokeswoman says the bullying complaint was reviewed and the matter is considered closed, but she wouldn't say what officials concluded.
ocean county news, new jersey news, school bus, assault, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated 45 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
34 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
58 min ago