NJ mom gets probation for slapping boys on bus
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey mother has been sentenced to two years of probation for slapping two boys who she says were bullying her daughter.
Rebecca Sardoni pleaded guilty in September to assault and other counts.
The Ocean County prosecutor's office says the 29-year-old got on a Toms River school bus in October 2012 screaming profanities and then assaulted two students. She says they were bullying her 9-year-old daughter.
Officials say the boys were not seriously injured.
Sardoni told The Associated Press soon after the encounter that she regretted boarding the bus, but she denied touching or hitting anyone. She said she was distraught, but "wasn't crazy woman upset."
A school spokeswoman says the bullying complaint was reviewed and the matter is considered closed, but she wouldn't say what officials concluded.
ocean county news, new jersey news, school bus, assault, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish