NJ mom gets probation for slapping boys on bus
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey mother has been sentenced to two years of probation for slapping two boys who she says were bullying her daughter.
Rebecca Sardoni pleaded guilty in September to assault and other counts.
The Ocean County prosecutor's office says the 29-year-old got on a Toms River school bus in October 2012 screaming profanities and then assaulted two students. She says they were bullying her 9-year-old daughter.
Officials say the boys were not seriously injured.
Sardoni told The Associated Press soon after the encounter that she regretted boarding the bus, but she denied touching or hitting anyone. She said she was distraught, but "wasn't crazy woman upset."
A school spokeswoman says the bullying complaint was reviewed and the matter is considered closed, but she wouldn't say what officials concluded.
ocean county news, new jersey news, school bus, assault, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
39 min ago