NJ mom gets probation for slapping boys on bus
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey mother has been sentenced to two years of probation for slapping two boys who she says were bullying her daughter.
Rebecca Sardoni pleaded guilty in September to assault and other counts.
The Ocean County prosecutor's office says the 29-year-old got on a Toms River school bus in October 2012 screaming profanities and then assaulted two students. She says they were bullying her 9-year-old daughter.
Officials say the boys were not seriously injured.
Sardoni told The Associated Press soon after the encounter that she regretted boarding the bus, but she denied touching or hitting anyone. She said she was distraught, but "wasn't crazy woman upset."
A school spokeswoman says the bullying complaint was reviewed and the matter is considered closed, but she wouldn't say what officials concluded.
ocean county news, new jersey news, school bus, assault, local/state
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 21 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 1 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 17 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 19 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 15 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures