27 arrested in Center City prescription pill bust
CENTER CITY - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- An elaborate scheme to illegally sell nearly half a million prescription pills in Philadelphia has been busted.
Federal officials announced the arrests of 27 people today in Center City. Among them is a doctor's receptionist accused of writing out fake prescriptions for oxycodone.
Phony patients then got the pills, which were sold on the street.
The operation brought in more than $3-million in two years.
The three alleged ring leaders each could face life in prison.
center city news, philadelphia news, prescriptions, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 5 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 58 min ago
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 2 weeks after waking up in body bag, Miss. man dies 34 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad