Police sweep Morrisville, Pa. trailer park after abduction attempt
MORRISVILLE, Pa. - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police conducted a sweep at a Bucks County trailer park on Tuesday morning following an abduction attempt.
Action News was there as Falls Township police descended on the Pennwood Crossing Mobile Home Park in Morrisville.
It's the same location where a teenage girl was nearly abducted last Wednesday.
In addition to that incident, police say the park has increasing become a hotspot for criminal activity including burglaries, thefts and drug use.
Police say there are also reports of squatters among the approximately 100 vacant trailers.
After sweeping the vacant trailers, officers were boarding up the vacant homes to keep squatters from returning.
Meanwhile, an investigation continues into last week's abduction attempt.
Investigators say a 13-year-old girl was walking along Bristol Pike when a man got out of his tan pickup truck and accosted the teen, who ran away.
Police describe the man as 'light-skinned,' standing about six feet tall. He is in his 40s or 50s with a large build and scruffy facial hair.
Local authorities stress that the majority of people who live in these trailer homes are law-abiding citizens and the goal is to improve their quality of life.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Falls Township Police Department at 215-945-3100.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, abduction, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 30 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
50 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos