Woman rescued from Malvern fire by trash collectors
MALVERN, Pa. - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Trash collectors helped rescue a woman from a fire in Malvern, Chester County on Tuesday morning.
The fire was reported around 7:30 a.m. in the 300 block of Old Lincoln Highway.
The residents were awoken by a smoke alarm, rescuers said, but two adults and a child had to escape from the second floor.
A woman was trapped, rescuers said, so the trash collectors used a ladder to rescue her.
There were no serious injuries reported.
The fire was brought under control a short time later.
pennsylvania news, chester county news, fire, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 8 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 59 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa 38 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
44 min ago