Woman rescued from Malvern fire by trash collectors
MALVERN, Pa. - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Trash collectors helped rescue a woman from a fire in Malvern, Chester County on Tuesday morning.
The fire was reported around 7:30 a.m. in the 300 block of Old Lincoln Highway.
The residents were awoken by a smoke alarm, rescuers said, but two adults and a child had to escape from the second floor.
A woman was trapped, rescuers said, so the trash collectors used a ladder to rescue her.
There were no serious injuries reported.
The fire was brought under control a short time later.
pennsylvania news, chester county news, fire, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 10 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 9 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest