Woman rescued from Malvern fire by trash collectors
MALVERN, Pa. - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Trash collectors helped rescue a woman from a fire in Malvern, Chester County on Tuesday morning.
The fire was reported around 7:30 a.m. in the 300 block of Old Lincoln Highway.
The residents were awoken by a smoke alarm, rescuers said, but two adults and a child had to escape from the second floor.
A woman was trapped, rescuers said, so the trash collectors used a ladder to rescue her.
There were no serious injuries reported.
The fire was brought under control a short time later.
pennsylvania news, chester county news, fire, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run