Penn State board calls off special meeting
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - October 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Penn State University trustees have called off a Friday meeting at which they were expected to vote on a new president.
The board said in a legal notice published Wednesday that the purpose of the special meeting was to consider the resolution of a personnel matter. The board's website says it is responsible for only one position at the university - the presidency.
In abruptly postponing the meeting indefinitely Wednesday afternoon, the board said the action was necessary to allow further consideration of the matter.
The board also scrubbed a private executive session of the trustees on Thursday night, but still plans to meet in a closed session Friday morning.
President Rodney Erickson has said he plans to retire by June 30.
pennsylvania news, penn state, jerry sandusky, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 5 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?