Penn State board calls off special meeting
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - October 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Penn State University trustees have called off a Friday meeting at which they were expected to vote on a new president.
The board said in a legal notice published Wednesday that the purpose of the special meeting was to consider the resolution of a personnel matter. The board's website says it is responsible for only one position at the university - the presidency.
In abruptly postponing the meeting indefinitely Wednesday afternoon, the board said the action was necessary to allow further consideration of the matter.
The board also scrubbed a private executive session of the trustees on Thursday night, but still plans to meet in a closed session Friday morning.
President Rodney Erickson has said he plans to retire by June 30.
pennsylvania news, penn state, jerry sandusky, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 1 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests