Penn State board calls off special meeting
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - October 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Penn State University trustees have called off a Friday meeting at which they were expected to vote on a new president.
The board said in a legal notice published Wednesday that the purpose of the special meeting was to consider the resolution of a personnel matter. The board's website says it is responsible for only one position at the university - the presidency.
In abruptly postponing the meeting indefinitely Wednesday afternoon, the board said the action was necessary to allow further consideration of the matter.
The board also scrubbed a private executive session of the trustees on Thursday night, but still plans to meet in a closed session Friday morning.
President Rodney Erickson has said he plans to retire by June 30.
pennsylvania news, penn state, jerry sandusky, local/state
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking snow for Monday 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 24 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- AccuWeather: Tracking snow for Monday
3 min ago