Penn State board calls off special meeting
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - October 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Penn State University trustees have called off a Friday meeting at which they were expected to vote on a new president.
The board said in a legal notice published Wednesday that the purpose of the special meeting was to consider the resolution of a personnel matter. The board's website says it is responsible for only one position at the university - the presidency.
In abruptly postponing the meeting indefinitely Wednesday afternoon, the board said the action was necessary to allow further consideration of the matter.
The board also scrubbed a private executive session of the trustees on Thursday night, but still plans to meet in a closed session Friday morning.
President Rodney Erickson has said he plans to retire by June 30.
pennsylvania news, penn state, jerry sandusky, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 7 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 2 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 1 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 8 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious...
7 min ago