Suspect taken into custody in Brewerytown home invasion
PHILADELPHIA - October 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suspect has been taken into custody after a home invasion in the city's Brewerytown section early Wednesday morning, police say.
The incident happened around 3:30 a.m. on the 1300 block of North Dover Street.
According to police, the suspect entered a house and inside were two women and one man.
He assaulted one woman, hitting her in the head with a gun.
Police say the suspect stole $296 and grabbed two iPhones before fleeing through a back door.
K-9 units were called in to assist officers.
The suspect was spotted nearby and after a brief foot chase, he was taken into custody.
The woman who was assaulted was treated at the scene for her injuries.
home invasion, brewerytown news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 54 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 3 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 31 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 4 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 55 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos