Missing Philadelphia man, 98, killed in New York crash
PHILADELPHIA - October 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an elderly Philadelphia man reported missing has been killed in a car crash in New York state.
A police spokeswoman said 98-year-old Frank Winfrey of the West Oak Lane section of north Philadelphia died Tuesday in Roslyn Heights, N.Y.
Winfrey had been reported missing Monday when he didn't return after leaving his residence to run some errands.
Police in Nassau County told Newsday that Winfrey's car collided with a dump truck at about 5:40 a.m. Tuesday in Roslyn Heights, bringing down a utility pole.
The "missing endangered person" announcement from Philadelphia police said Winfrey had dementia.
philadelphia news, new york, accident, missing person, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 29 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 26 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 24 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 20 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 25 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 19 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
24 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
26 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
29 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
22 min ago