Missing Philadelphia man, 98, killed in New York crash
PHILADELPHIA - October 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an elderly Philadelphia man reported missing has been killed in a car crash in New York state.
A police spokeswoman said 98-year-old Frank Winfrey of the West Oak Lane section of north Philadelphia died Tuesday in Roslyn Heights, N.Y.
Winfrey had been reported missing Monday when he didn't return after leaving his residence to run some errands.
Police in Nassau County told Newsday that Winfrey's car collided with a dump truck at about 5:40 a.m. Tuesday in Roslyn Heights, bringing down a utility pole.
The "missing endangered person" announcement from Philadelphia police said Winfrey had dementia.
philadelphia news, new york, accident, missing person, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 8 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 38 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police