Arrest leads to big pot stash in New Castle motel
NEW CATLE, Del. - October 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a large amount of marijuana was found inside a room at a New Castle motel on Tuesday.
It was 1:19 p.m. when troopers responded to a report of a fight and possible robbery near the Superlodge, located at 1213 West Avenue.
Witnesses told troopers that a male involved in the incident ran towards the motel parking lot.
That man, identified as 24-year-old Hakeem Nesbitt of New Castle, was found walking in the roadway by the motel.
According to police, there was a strong odor of marijuana coming from Nesbitt, and that's when they noticed his pants pockets were bulging. Nesbitt allegedly admitted to troopers that he was carrying marijuana in his pockets.
Nesbitt was arrested and found to have sixteen bags, containing a total of 119.6 grams of marijuana.
A search warrant was then obtained for Nesbitt's room at the Superlodge, and inside they found a duffle bag containing 1,271.4 grams of marijuana packaged in several bags, as well as what are described as drug distribution supplies and paraphernalia.
Nesbitt was charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released after posting $5,500 secured bail.
new castle county news, delaware news, marijuana, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 1 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 6 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 29 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
6 min ago