Search for suspect in series of Montgomery Co robberies
HORSHAM, Pa. - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are thinking that the robbery of a Dairy Queen Tuesday night in Upper Moreland may be connected to four other robberies.
The first happened at approximately 7:37 p.m. on October 21st at the Saladworks on Horsham Road in Horsham Township.
The next robbery occurred on October 22nd at the Lukoil gas station on Welsh and Fitzwatertown roads in Upper Moreland.
On October 24th, at approximately 7:57 p.m., a Jimmy John's sandwich shop in Upper Dublin was robbed. Police say the suspect brandished a weapon.
"He just came in and said 'take all the money out the register and put it in the bag.' Then he said it again and pulled his shirt up and showed his gun," employee Samantha Rafferty said.
The Bank of America inside a Lower Gwyned Giant supermarket was next hit at approximately 6:37 p.m. on October 25th.
Authorities at the time said a man entered the bank and presented a demand note. He indicated that he was armed with a gun, though none was shown.
After receiving an unknown amount of cash, the bandit fled the scene.
The suspect was described as a white man in his 30s, about 5'10" to 6'0" tall with a medium build. He was last seen wearing a red Phillies cap and a black jacket.
Then just last night, the Dairy Queen on the 1900 block of County Line Road in Huntingdon Valley was robbed by an armed male suspect just before 9:00 p.m.
Police say the suspect is possibly driving a silver Honda or Mazda.
According to authorities, three of the five robberies are connected and they are looking into the Lukoil and the Dairy Queen incidents.
"We're just trying to reduce anything from happening and mainly what we're looking for is the public's help in identifying this perpetrator," Upper Dublin Township Police Deputy Chief Lee Benson said.
Action News has obtained surveillance video, seen above, of the suspect during one of the robberies.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos