Ex-Philly police inspector sentenced in sex case
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - October 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A retired Philadelphia police inspector is going to prison for violating his sex offender parole when he grabbed and threatened an 8-year-old girl last year.
The Daily Times said 73-year-old Leo Haley was sentenced Wednesday in Delaware County Court to 3½ to 7 years behind bars.
In 2010, he was arrested for possessing and distributing child pornography and was sentenced in 2011 to home confinement and probation.
The violation that led to Wednesday's sentence stems from an October 2012 incident in which police said Haley grabbed an 8-year-old girl playing in front of her Philadelphia home and threatened to kill her.
Haley pleaded guilty last month in Philadelphia to a terroristic threats charge and received five years of probation, to run concurrent to his Delaware County sentence.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
philadelphia news, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 50 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 13 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 50 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
50 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
45 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos