Driver killed, 2 others hurt in Tioga-Nicetown crash
TIOGA-NICETOWN - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A driver was killed and two other people, including a teenage girl, were injured after a crash in the Tioga-Nicetown section of Philadelphia.
The one vehicle accident happened just before 10:00 p.m. Wednesday on Wissahickon Avenue near Hunting Park Avenue.
Police say a 27-year-old man was ejected from a vehicle after it struck a barrier.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A 21-year-old man and a 16-year-old girl were also taken to Temple for less serious injuries.
An investigation into this crash continues.
philadelphia news, accident, tioga news, nicetown news, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 34 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 54 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 3 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 34 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 6 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 9 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 27 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 9 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
54 min ago