Borgata Q3 revenue up nearly 7 percent in AC
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Revenues at Atlantic City's top casino increased by nearly 7 percent in the third quarter of this year.
The Borgata reported net revenues of more than $200 million, an increase of 6.9 percent.
Its earnings were up nearly 40 percent to $46.6 million due to better luck at table games.
The casino also increased its share of the Atlantic City casino market by three percentage points, to 21.4 percent.
The Borgata received New Jersey's first Internet gambling permit, and is expected to be among the first casinos to offer online betting once it begins in late November.
For the first nine months of this year, the Borgata reported net revenues of $538.6 million, essentially the same as it did in the first nine months of last year.
atlantic city news, atlantic county news, new jersey news, casinos, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 45 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 10 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 30 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Dead body found during Easter egg hunt 5 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
10 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
5 min ago