U.S. Marshals arrest suspect in Wilmington homicide
WILMINGTON, Del. - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware Police have arrested a suspect in the October 27, 2013 murder of 23-year-old Kareem Owens.
The incident happened near the corner of West 24th and North Washington Streets in Wilmington just after 7:00 p.m.
U.S. Marshals arrested 30-year-old David Hinson Thursday at the Super Lodge in the 1200 block of West Avenue in New Castle, Delaware around 10:30 a.m. following an extensive investigation.
He is being charged with first degree murder and possession of a firearm.
Officials say Hinson, a convicted felon, was not permitted to carry firearms.
He remains in police custody awaiting arraignment.
homicide, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands