U.S. Marshals arrest suspect in Wilmington homicide
WILMINGTON, Del. - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware Police have arrested a suspect in the October 27, 2013 murder of 23-year-old Kareem Owens.
The incident happened near the corner of West 24th and North Washington Streets in Wilmington just after 7:00 p.m.
U.S. Marshals arrested 30-year-old David Hinson Thursday at the Super Lodge in the 1200 block of West Avenue in New Castle, Delaware around 10:30 a.m. following an extensive investigation.
He is being charged with first degree murder and possession of a firearm.
Officials say Hinson, a convicted felon, was not permitted to carry firearms.
He remains in police custody awaiting arraignment.
homicide, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 43 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos