Man gunned down on bicycle in Holmesburg
PHILADELPHIA - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a man on a bicycle at point blank range in the city's Holmesburg section early Friday morning.
The incident occurred just before 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Rhawn and Walker Street.
The victim in his 20's was shot twice in the head and shoulder. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers say a mountain bike and two shell casings were found near his body.
So far, no word on suspects or a motive.
Police are interviewing several witnesses.
homicide, shooting, holmesburg news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos