Man gunned down on bicycle in Holmesburg
PHILADELPHIA - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a man on a bicycle at point blank range in the city's Holmesburg section early Friday morning.
The incident occurred just before 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Rhawn and Walker Street.
The victim in his 20's was shot twice in the head and shoulder. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers say a mountain bike and two shell casings were found near his body.
So far, no word on suspects or a motive.
Police are interviewing several witnesses.
homicide, shooting, holmesburg news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 2 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar