Arrest in beating of blind man caught on camera in Germantown
PHILADELPHIA - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested the man wanted in the assault of a 33-year-old blind man in Germantown.
Mustafa Guyton, 29, was arrested by Pennsylvania parole agents and U.S. Marshals just after 8:00 a.m. Friday in the 5400 block of Master Street.
The assault, caught on camera, happened shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 2nd.
The blind man, identified only as a 33-year-old, was walking on Seymour Street toward Wayne Avenue.
The suspect, identified by police as Guyton, is seen in the video standing on the corner and appears to look down the street as the victim approaches.
The suspect knocks the victim to the ground then kicks and stomps him, injuring his face and head.
As the camera continues to roll, the suspect is seen slowly walking away, putting a backpack over his shoulder as he leaves.
Police did not indicate any possible motive for the attack.
On the video, several people are seen walking by but no one stops to help.
Guyton is now facing assault and related charges.
philadelphia news, germantown news, assault, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 44 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos