New Jersey trick-or-treater attacked by dog
CLOSTER, N.J. - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 12-year-old is recovering after he was attacked by a dog while trick-or-treating in northern New Jersey.
The attack happened at a house on Robinson Road in Closter Thursday.
Police Chief Dennis Kane tells The Record newspaper the black Labrador mix bit the child's face. Kane says the boy sustained deep lacerations.
The dog's vaccinations were current and the animal was left with its owners pending further investigation.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey news, halloween, dog attack, animal attacks, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over 22 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth