Suspect sought in grocery store robbery in Cobbs Creek
PHILADELPHIA - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect who robbed a grocery store in the city's Cobb Creek section last month.
The incident happened on October 18th just before 6:30 p.m. at the Jacquez Grocery store located on the 6000 block of Baltimore Avenue.
The male suspect entered the store wearing a fake beard and armed with a hand gun, police say.
He demanded money from the cash register and then fled with $500 in an unknown direction.
The suspect is described as a light complexion black male of Middle Eastern descent, 30-40-years-of-age, 5'10"-6'0" tall and medium build.
He was last seen wearing light blue jeans and a gray sweatshirt.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through http://www.phillypolice.com/news/.
robbery, philadelphia news, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 27 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 42 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 27 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 22 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
42 min ago