Suspect sought in grocery store robbery in Cobbs Creek
PHILADELPHIA - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect who robbed a grocery store in the city's Cobb Creek section last month.
The incident happened on October 18th just before 6:30 p.m. at the Jacquez Grocery store located on the 6000 block of Baltimore Avenue.
The male suspect entered the store wearing a fake beard and armed with a hand gun, police say.
He demanded money from the cash register and then fled with $500 in an unknown direction.
The suspect is described as a light complexion black male of Middle Eastern descent, 30-40-years-of-age, 5'10"-6'0" tall and medium build.
He was last seen wearing light blue jeans and a gray sweatshirt.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through http://www.phillypolice.com/news/.
robbery, philadelphia news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 30 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 6 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
30 min ago