Suspect wanted for vandalizing Somerton rec center
PHILADELPHIA - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are asking for the public's help identifying a suspect wanted for vandalizing a recreation center in the Somerton section of the city.
Police released surveillance video of a man believed to be in his teens at the Daniel Boyle Rec Center at 13039 Kelvin Street just after 6:30 p.m. on October 17th.
The suspect can be seen spray painting graffiti on the basketball court. The estimated damage is around $700.
Police say he was seen moments earlier with a group of males and females.
He is described as a white male, 15-16 years old with close cut black hair, wearing a multicolored striped shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.Click here to watch surveillance video
vandalism, philadelphia news, northeast philadelphia news, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 46 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 31 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather
- Video: David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse...
- Video: Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash
- Arrest made in murder over Beats headphones 4 min ago
- Snow today, heavy at times
39 min ago