Suspect wanted for vandalizing Somerton rec center
PHILADELPHIA - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are asking for the public's help identifying a suspect wanted for vandalizing a recreation center in the Somerton section of the city.
Police released surveillance video of a man believed to be in his teens at the Daniel Boyle Rec Center at 13039 Kelvin Street just after 6:30 p.m. on October 17th.
The suspect can be seen spray painting graffiti on the basketball court. The estimated damage is around $700.
Police say he was seen moments earlier with a group of males and females.
He is described as a white male, 15-16 years old with close cut black hair, wearing a multicolored striped shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.Click here to watch surveillance video
vandalism, philadelphia news, northeast philadelphia news, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 1 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 32 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 37 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 48 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
43 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
1 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
32 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
37 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos