Murder charges dropped for teen in Levittown musician's death
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Murder charges have been dropped against the teenage getaway driver in the botched robbery killing of a Levittown musician.
The Bucks County Courier Times said 19-year-old Danasia Bakr appeared in Bucks County Juvenile Court on Friday. Prosecutors dropped adult charges against her.
She was 17 at the time of the December 2011 killing of 56-year-old Danny DeGennaro of Levittown. Three men have been convicted in the slaying.
The teen was found delinquent - the juvenile court equivalent of guilty - of robbery, conspiracy and weapons charges.
Bakr will remain in the county juvenile detention center until a disposition hearing, similar to a sentencing in adult court. She will likely be under the court's control until her 21st birthday.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times
bucks county news, pennsylvania news, homicide, trial, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 7 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 40 min ago
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 14 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
7 min ago