Off-duty Philadelphia officer hospitalized after car crash
PHILADELPHIA - November 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- An off-duty Philadelphia police officer has been hospitalized after his car crashed into a garage Saturday morning.
Police responded to a report of a person trapped in a car that crashed into a detached garage in the 1500 block of Cobbs Creek Parkway just before 8:00 a.m.
Police learned that the 46-year-old man was an off-duty officer who may have been suffering from a medical condition that could be the cause of the crash.
The officer was not severely injured. He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
philadelphia police, accident, philadelphia news, southwest philadelphia news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 33 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ