Crimefighters: Who killed Marceles Jefferson Jr.?
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A young father was gunned down in North Philadelphia and up to $22,500 is being offered to find his killer.
Police hope surveillance video will lead them to the killer of 24-year-old Marceles Jefferson Jr.
His mother says on Friday July 1, 2011, Jefferson was in the neighborhood of the 2900 block of Judson at Cambria Street in North Philadelphia.
"Him and another friend were visiting another friend in that neighborhood," said Charlita Davis, mother.
Just before 5:00 p.m., Jefferson and a friend were headed to the store when Jefferson was shot multiple times in the back.
Davis says the friend originally identified the shooter but has since recanted.
"He went down to the police station and they actually gave him a lineup and he definitely picked out the person but he has since said that he's not sure if that was that person or not," said Davis.
Davis says she's beyond frustrated.
"The whole 'no snitching' just needs to go out the window because he's not here anymore," she said.
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $2,500 reward and the City of Philadelphia is offering up to$ 20,000 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
You can call 215-546-TIPS (8477) or 215-686-TIPS (8477). All calls will remain anonymous.
For Davis, she keeps her son's memory alive through his son.
"We just try to constantly remind him that his dad loves him and that his dad was a good person and his dad is in heaven now," she said.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, shooting, homicide, crimefighters, local/state, rick williams
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 42 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Kid gets stuck in claw machine 6 min ago
- Kid gets stuck in claw machine
6 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos