Arrest made in fatal stabbing in Maple Shade, New Jersey
MAPLE SHADE, N.J. - November 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in the fatal stabbing of a man in Maple Shade, Burlington County.
The incident happened around 10:30 p.m. Saturday at Gradwell and South Maple avenues.
38-year-old John Borger IV has been charged with Murder after being questioned by police.
Police say Borger stabbed 44-year-old Mark Brooks to death.
Authorities were alerted to his condition by someone who arrived at the house and found Brooks on the sidewalk.
Police say Borger went to the home of Brooks armed with a knife. Borger confronted Brooks after finding him outside of the home.
Borger fled the scene after the stabbing.
The knife believed to be the one that killed Brooks was recovered.
Police say the victim and suspect were acquaintances, but are not releasing a motive.
Bail for Borger was set at $750,000 with no 10 percent option.
new jersey news, stabbing, burlington county news, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 11 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more