Police arrest Delaware man for 11th DUI
BRIDGEVILLE, Del. - November 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Police have arrested a 77-year-old Bridgeville man after a traffic stop led to his 11th DUI.
Around 6:40 p.m. Saturday, a trooper was traveling southbound on Coverdale Road just north of Hastings Farm Road.
The trooper noticed a truck in front of his vehicle was traveling above the speed limit and continued to enter into the northbound lanes numerous times.
The trooper pulled the truck over.
Police say the driver, who was later identified as Ruppert Bell Jr., showed signs of impairment.
Bell was subsequently taken into custody and arrested for DUI, Driving After Judgment Prohibited, Driving While Suspended or Revoked, Failure to Remain in a Single Lane, and Speeding.
A computer check revealed 10 previous convictions of DUI:
delaware news, sussex county news, DUI, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 44 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 56 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
48 min ago