Injured boater rescued off Cape May coast
CAPE MAY, N.J. - November 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Coast Guard crews were called to rescue an injured boater off the coast of Cape May, New Jersey.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday afternoon.
Authorities say the victim's 18-foot boat was disabled.
The boater, a man in his 50s, suffered an injury to his hand.
Coast Guard crews were able to bring the man ashore for medical evaluation and care.
"I'm glad we were able to respond and arrive on scene so quickly," said Petty Officer 2nd Class Garrett Dailey, the boat operator on the case. "Fast response time is crucial when dealing with injuries at sea."
The victim's boat was later towed to the nearest safe haven.
new jersey news, cape may county news, water rescue, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 13 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 31 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 6 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
3 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
13 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
31 min ago