Car under tractor-trailer after crash in Galloway Township, 1 dead
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - November 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Galloway Township police are investigating a deadly four-car collision.
The accident occurred around 11:30 a.m. Monday at the intersection of Route 30 (White Horse Pike) and Pomona Road (Route 575), near Atlantic City International Airport.
Police say a tractor trailer, occupied by the driver, 23-year-old Greg Hoover of Seabrook, NJ, and a passenger, 22-year-old Amberline Faison of Bridgeton, was traveling west on Rt. 30 and ran a traffic light at Pomona Road.
The tractor trailer then struck a Toyota Tundra, driven by 36-year-old Gary Brenner of Galloway, as he was traveling south on Pomona Road.
The tractor trailer then struck a second vehicle traveling south on Pomona.
That vehicle, a Mercedes Benz, was occupied by the driver, 60-year-old Robert Bozzuto and his passenger 71-year-old Sandra Nilan, both of Galloway.
The tractor trailer then struck a Chevy Cruze, occupied by the driver 69-year-old William Anthony Jr., and passengers 66-year-old Joyce Anthony and 41-year-old William Anthony 3rd, all from Hammonton, NJ.
The Chevy Cruze overturned and was pinned under the tractor trailer.
Hoover and Faison were transported to Atlantic Care Regional Medical Center, City Division.
Brenner, Bozzuto, and Nilan were taken to Atlantic Care Regional Medical Center, Mainland Division.
The occupants of the Chevy were taken to City Division. William Anthony Jr. was later died as a result of his injuries
Police say Brenner is an off duty Galloway Township Police officer and reported the accident on his cell phone before exiting his vehicle and rendering aid to the occupants of the other vehicles.
The intersection was closed to traffic for approximately 5 hours.
No chargers have been filed.
atlantic county news, new jersey news, accident, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 41 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ