1 person dead in northeastern Pa. explosion, fire
LAKE HARMONY, Pa. (AP) - November 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say one person is dead after a house explosion and fire in northeastern Pennsylvania.
It happened around 2 p.m. Monday in a home at the Lake Harmony Estates development in Kidder Township, Carbon County. Neighbors say an explosion shook their homes.
Investigators believe a couple and a worker were inside the home at the time of the blast. Officials at the scene did not identify the victims but said two were hospitalized.
An excavation crew and rescue dogs were brought in to search through the rubble.
Investigators remain on the scene.
pennsylvania news, explosion, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run