2 police officers, civilian injured in Northeast Philadelphia apartment fire
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - November 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned 2 police officers and a civilian have been hospitalized following an apartment fire in Northeast Philadelphia.
The blaze was reported at 9:30 a.m. at an apartment building in the 400 block of Tomlinson Road.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy fire tearing through one apartment.
Images from Chopper 6 HD overhead showed firefighters on the scene and flames coming from a hole in the roof.
It took crews about half an hour to get the upper hand.
Fire officials say 2 Philadelphia officers were taken to the hospital to be evaluated for smoke inhalation.
Another person was also transported to the hospital. There was no immediate word on that person's condition.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, fire, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 14 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer