Police chase ends when car crashes into woods in Florence, NJ
FLORENCE, N.J. - November 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A car overturned into a wooded area following a chase along the Pennsylvania Turnpike and into New Jersey.
It was around 11:45 a.m. Thursday when Pennsylvania troopers attempted to stop a vehicle along the turnpike. While the trooper was approaching the stopped vehicle, the alleged suspect driver fled at a high rate of speed.
The driver crossed over the Delaware River Bridge into New Jersey, then took the first exit onto Route 130 in Florence.
On the off ramp the driver crashed the vehicle into a wooded area.
The driver fled on foot and was apprehended a short time later. A second person with the driver but stayed at the car.
Both are in custody at this hour.
State Police from New Jersey and Pennsylvania are now investigating.
No one was injured.
new jersey news, pennsylvania news, pennsylvania turnpike, accident, police chase, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 28 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 14 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 30 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos