Woman accused of stealing $60K in jewelry from elderly
TREDYFFRIN TWP., Pa. - November 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Tredyffrin Township Police have arrested a woman who they say stole jewelry worth thousands of dollars from the homes of the elderly, then pawned the items off for cash.
51-year-old Veronica Patterson of the 300 block of Manhattan Street in Lester was arrested Wednesday, November 6th.
Police say they began their investigation into Patterson's activities after receiving reports from multiple elderly victims of theft from their residences.
Investigators then learned that while working as an employee of Surrey Services, Patterson went into the homes of the elderly victims and stole numerous jewelry items and silver since the summer of 2012.
Patterson would then allegedly pawn the items she took, ultimately cashing in on $60,000 worth of stolen possessions.
Police say she was stealing to feed her addiction to controlled substances including prescription medications and cocaine.
Patterson was charged with three counts of Theft by Unlawful Disposition (felony) and three counts of Receiving Stolen Property (felony).
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, theft, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 42 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 2 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!