Woman accused of stealing $60K in jewelry from elderly
TREDYFFRIN TWP., Pa. - November 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Tredyffrin Township Police have arrested a woman who they say stole jewelry worth thousands of dollars from the homes of the elderly, then pawned the items off for cash.
51-year-old Veronica Patterson of the 300 block of Manhattan Street in Lester was arrested Wednesday, November 6th.
Police say they began their investigation into Patterson's activities after receiving reports from multiple elderly victims of theft from their residences.
Investigators then learned that while working as an employee of Surrey Services, Patterson went into the homes of the elderly victims and stole numerous jewelry items and silver since the summer of 2012.
Patterson would then allegedly pawn the items she took, ultimately cashing in on $60,000 worth of stolen possessions.
Police say she was stealing to feed her addiction to controlled substances including prescription medications and cocaine.
Patterson was charged with three counts of Theft by Unlawful Disposition (felony) and three counts of Receiving Stolen Property (felony).
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, theft, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 20 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ