Children struck by vehicle in Roxborough
PHILADELPHIA - November 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say two children were struck by a vehicle in the city's Roxborough section late Thursday.
It happened after 11:00 p.m. in the 6800 block of Ridge Avenue near Parker Avenue.
Police said an 8-year-old and 13-year-old girls were struck by a passing car.
Both were rushed to Einstein Medical Center but were transferred to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. They are both listed in critical but stable condition.
The driver of the striking vehicle stopped nearby.
Police said the motorist was cooperating. No charges had been filed as of early Friday morning.
The accident remains under investigation.
children, teens, pedestrian struck, philadelphia news, local/state
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Camden teen reported missing 21 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 49 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose