Children struck by vehicle in Roxborough
PHILADELPHIA - November 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say two children were struck by a vehicle in the city's Roxborough section late Thursday.
It happened after 11:00 p.m. in the 6800 block of Ridge Avenue near Parker Avenue.
Police said an 8-year-old and 13-year-old girls were struck by a passing car.
Both were rushed to Einstein Medical Center but were transferred to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. They are both listed in critical but stable condition.
The driver of the striking vehicle stopped nearby.
Police said the motorist was cooperating. No charges had been filed as of early Friday morning.
The accident remains under investigation.
children, teens, pedestrian struck, philadelphia news, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 19 min ago
- Breezy And Mild! 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 14 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment 55 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion 22 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Breezy And Mild!
7 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
19 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
14 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp....
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos