Children struck by vehicle in Roxborough
PHILADELPHIA - November 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say two children were struck by a vehicle in the city's Roxborough section late Thursday.
It happened after 11:00 p.m. in the 6800 block of Ridge Avenue near Parker Avenue.
Police said an 8-year-old and 13-year-old girls were struck by a passing car.
Both were rushed to Einstein Medical Center but were transferred to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. They are both listed in critical but stable condition.
The driver of the striking vehicle stopped nearby.
Police said the motorist was cooperating. No charges had been filed as of early Friday morning.
The accident remains under investigation.
children, teens, pedestrian struck, philadelphia news, local/state
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 54 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 58 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 39 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos