Children struck by vehicle in Roxborough
PHILADELPHIA - November 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say two children were struck by a vehicle in the city's Roxborough section late Thursday.
It happened after 11:00 p.m. in the 6800 block of Ridge Avenue near Parker Avenue.
Police said an 8-year-old and 13-year-old girls were struck by a passing car.
Both were rushed to Einstein Medical Center but were transferred to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. They are both listed in critical but stable condition.
The driver of the striking vehicle stopped nearby.
Police said the motorist was cooperating. No charges had been filed as of early Friday morning.
The accident remains under investigation.
children, teens, pedestrian struck, philadelphia news, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 5 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad