Victim ID'd in fatal crash on Black Horse Pike in Gloucester County
MONROE TWP., N.J. - November 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after a rear-end collision involving 2 trucks in Monroe Township, New Jersey.
The accident happened at 5:30 a.m. Friday on North Black Horse Pike (Route 42) just north of Fenwick Avenue.
Investigators say a 2006 Isuzu Street Sweeper truck was traveling in the right northbound lane when a 1988 Ford Truck exited the parking lot of the Williamstown Pavilion and turned left onto the roadway in front of the Isuzu.
The front of the Isuzu collided with the rear of the Ford. The impact was so severe that the two vehicles remained engaged and traveled approximately 416 feet until they finally came to rest on the northbound shoulder of the highway.
The driver of the Isuzu, identified as 34-year-old William A Loughery of Blackwood, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are continuing to investigate.
accident, gloucester county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 45 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ