Pedestrian hit by 2 cars on City Avenue; 1 driver flees
WYNNEFIELD - November 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a pedestrian was struck by two vehicles on City Avenue in the city's Wynnefield section.
The incident happened just before 2:30 p.m. Friday at the intersection of City and Cardinal Avenues, near Saint Joseph's University.
Authorities say both vehicles were travelling eastbound on City Line Avenue.
The pedestrian, a 45-year-old male, was walking northbound on Cardinal Avenue.
A witness told police, the pedestrian attempted to run across City Line Avenue while the opposing traffic still had a green light.
An unknown vehicle struck the man, sending him into the second vehicle.
Action News viewer A.J. Marsico sent a photo of the victim being tended by a passersby, who stopped to help.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition, suffering injuries to the head and arm.
The driver of the second vehicle, a 2012 black Honda Civic, stayed on the scene while the driver of the unknown vehicle fled.
So far no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information regarding the identity or whereabouts of the hit-and-run driver is urged to contact police.
philadelphia news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 37 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 49 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 4 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 22 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 13 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 22 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
14 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
49 min ago