Philadelphia homicide detective to be fired
PHILADELPHIA - November 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia homicide detective accused in a number of cover-ups, will be fired.
Ronald Dove has been suspended for 30 days with intent to dismiss.
Published reports say the 16-year veteran failed to cooperate with an internal investigation into whether he mishandled three murders.
One allegedly involved his girlfriend, who was accused of stabbing a man to death.
Officials say Dove violated departmental policy and also lied during the course of his investigation.
philadelphia news, police, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 20 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 28 min ago
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 10 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 18 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
20 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
18 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
10 min ago