Suspects wanted for 3 robberies at same Wawa in Oxford Circle
PHILADELPHIA - November 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying the suspects who robbed a Wawa multiple times in Oxford Circle.
The first robbery occurred on October 1st just after 3:30 a.m. Police say two unknown males entered a Wawa located at 6460 Bustleton Avenue, pointing handguns at the employees and demanded money.
Police say one suspect went behind the counter and demanded the employee open all the cash registers, while the second suspect stood in front of the counter.
Both suspects fled the store with an undetermined amount of money. They were last seen going north on Bustleton Avenue.
The first suspect is described as 5'8" to 5'9" tall, wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, khakis, Timberland boots, gloves and a skull mask.
The other suspect is described as a black male, around 5'5" to 5'6" tall, wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, dark shoes, gloves and a blue scarf covering his face.
Police say a second incident occurred at the same Wawa location on November 4th around 3:25 a.m., and a third on November 21st just before 3:30 a.m.
In both robberies, police say the suspect pointed a handgun at an employee and demanded the money be put inside a backpack type bag before fleeing the store with an undetermined amount of cash.
In each instance, the suspect was wearing a skeleton or skull-like Halloween mask, dark hooded sweatshirt and gloves.
The suspect was last seen in an alley on the 6400 block of Akron Street following both November robberies.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police Northeast Detective Division at 215-686-3153 or 3154.Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
robbery, oxford circle news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 27 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
25 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
27 min ago