Woman struck by car in North Philadelphia dies
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has died from her injuries after getting struck by a car in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:50 Friday evening in the eastbound lanes of Girard Avenue near 7th Street.
Police say 54-year-old Sheila Morgan-Hailey was running across Girard Avenue in an attempt to catch a trolley when she was hit by a 1996 Black Volkswagen.
The victim was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital in critical condition and later succumbed to her injuries.
Authorities say the driver did stop at the scene.
An investigation is ongoing.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 52 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 47 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
42 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
47 min ago